We are living in a global economy. Many businesses have multiple offices across different time zones and on other continents; we are one of them with a European office in Budapest. How do you work together and how does one manage all the offices efficiently? Dan Schoenbaum, CEO of Redbooth, has some useful tips.
- “Set common goals for the team.” Having a clear vision of goals helps the team stay focused and the managers recognize when things start going haywire.
- “Define and track work in once place.” Having a simple workspace where teams can track, manage, and share efforts among themselves helps provide quality work and delivery.
- “Hold face-to-face meetings.” Having a teams in different cities makes it more difficult to meet in person; however, holding video conferences is easier today than ever and allows you to read the room and engage with one another.
- “Communicate in real-time.” Today there are platforms like Redbooth that allow you to stay connected as the work is happening through SMS, chat or other tools.
- “Centralize work and communication.” Different teams or offices seem to waver between programs like Dropbox or GoToMeetings, this creates division between teams. Having a single platform for a workspace helps ensure everyone is working on the same information.
Technology and resources today have made global teams work more efficiently if you add the tips from Schoenbaum above there’s no reason a team 5,000 miles apart cannot be as efficient as a team five feet apart!
To read the original article click here.